[Dixielandjazz] Pat ladd needs to egt out more ... no places to play

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 02:16:19 PST 2007

Pat,

 I hate to contradict a compatriot but you really aren't getting about
enough:-)  We do have a network of village halls.  Ours (capacity about a
hundred) costs £7 an hour.... BUT I do agree with you about councils The
hire of a 130 capacity hall in town is about £300 and on top of that you
have to pay for Bouncers at £50 or so.

Our recent Harlem gig in the village hall (the day after the annual
snowfall)  attracted a good crowd, only two of the audience cancelled and
the band arrived from all parts of the country ... apart from Nick Ward, the
drummer who rang from Birmingham to say that traffic wasn't just at a
standstill but sliding backwards :-) Debbie Arthurs made it from Stroud to
Witney in just under an hour to replace him BTW..  Don't ask how.

X  Jude
Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection
Aston, Oxfordshire