[Dixielandjazz] was Rock Star Demands/now Dixieland Star Demands

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Tue Mar 6 00:28:29 PST 2007

well now folks that brings to mind another plethora of OKOM and
Dixieland stars:

How is it that the Jazz festivals are often held in Marriott's Hiltons'
Sheratons, Double Tree's, Hyatt's  and other fine establishments of
Hostelry and the Stars that folks are paying to see and hear are
relegated to stay at  Motel 6 where dry sheets costs $2.00 extra, and
you often have to wait for the last clients to leave before you can get
into your room, with or without the light on ?   You know the ones that
rent by the hour :))

Respect damnit respect !!

Cheers,

Tom  Wiggins

Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Rock Star Demands

    Gees, I remember when Gunter even unplugged a radio in a hotel to
plug his
lap top in and did not plug the radio back in when he left.  I'll bet
that
Motel 6 will never let him stay there again!

--Bob ringwald

> Hi Listmates,
>
> Ringwald wrote (regarding Rock Stars and limos, hotel rooms, etc.):
>
>>Some of the limo companies would not rent to Rock
>>musicians.  They would get high and just for fun, hold lighter or
>>cigarette
>>up against the lining of the limo and burn the whole car up -- Just
for
>>laughs.  They had so much money that they did not care.
>>
>>They also used to trash hotel rooms.
>
> That is an inspiration.  From now on, when I'm on the road and out of
town
> staying in Motel 6 accommodations and driving rental cars from the
airport
> to the gig I'll engage in a bit of "trashing."
>
> You know . . . I'll leave the ashtrays full in the Alamo rental and
maybe
> leave the windshields dirty and my gum wrappers right on the floor
mats!
> That's the kind of wild and crazy guys we Boondockers and Cell Block
7
> dudes
> are!  And the motel room. Hah!  Wait until we check out and the maid
> service
> finds the wastebaskets full and the toilet paper dispenser empty!
>
> They'll not soon forget us.  Hell, we make so much money on the gigs
that
> we
> just don't care . . . just as long as we're having fun and making an
> impression on the guys who rent the cars and assign us to our rooms!
>
> I'll never forget the times when we'd get high on our six pack of
Coors
> and
> play the TV past ten p.m. with the volume up to nine - man! We really
know
> how to live!! We always let the "little people" know that we were
there.

> Right on!
>
> Bill "Mojo" Gunter
> jazzboard at hotmail.com