[Dixielandjazz] Stan Freberg and Fulton Street

Robert Newman bobngaye at surewest.net
Sat Mar 3 14:06:10 PST 2007

Around 1990 we, the Fulton Street Jazz Band, were playing in one of the tent
venues at the Sacramento Jubilee when Freberg walked up to the edge of the
bandstand and talked briefly to our piano player, Bob Hirsch.   Freberg was
certainly not incognito that time, he was wearing an all white outfit and
his hair was in a giant white Afro.    With that getup, though, he would
have been more incognito playing with Paul Whiteman in a snowstorm.

Bob Newman