[Dixielandjazz] El Dorado Jazz Band (was Hal Smith)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 2 22:10:49 PST 2007

> Isn't that Pete Kier on tuba? ..................if john Kier is different thna
Pete Kier, pleae inform me.<

Dear Don,
I've checked my file notes (not fils as I wrote earlier) and it definitely
says 'John'.
This also agrees with Fr Mike's listing. As he has the records, he is in a
position to check.
KO's informative book 'Jazz West' says Pete Kier was with the El Dorado JD
and, as I'm not about to argue with your memory, Pete Kier it is!
As an aside we have two jazz brothers here in OZ.
Ollie Clark (lives in Adelaide) and Fred Clark (lives in Melbourne.
Both play very fine tuba. So it can be a family thing.
Kind regards,
Bill.
PS: I have the 1995 edition of 'Jazz West'.
Somewhere I heard that it has been updated.
If so is the later edition still available and if so, where?
Bill.