[Dixielandjazz] El Dorado Jazz Band (was Hal Smith)

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Mar 2 19:12:36 PST 2007

>>>Good friends Mike Baird and Mike Fay are still with us  of course . Bob
Raggio passed away and I don't know the rest of  them.<<<

Just this past Fresno Mardi Gras, I had a wonderful moment talking with Mr
Fay.  Last year, I'd sent him my remastering of the Epitaphs, and had not
had any response.  So, whilst sitting at the hotel bar and seeing him order
and begin to walk away with a drink, I motioned him over, told him who I
was, and we had one of the most cherished talks I will ever remember of
having with a jazz great.  The whole "window in time" concept informed our
talk, as there are very few left who really get a kick out of that whole
EDJB So Cal experience.  Just knowing he'll be part of Hal's EDJB sets next
year, makes me a definite attendee!,
----
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org