[Dixielandjazz] Copyright Law

rorel at aol.com rorel at aol.com
Thu Mar 1 06:56:47 PST 2007

 Unilateral decisions are one of the few things at which I excel. You don't have to rely on anyone else.

 I did indeed try to pin this ASCAP VP down to details but all he would say was that it was very complicated and that the United states is trying to play catch-up with Europe. Europe enjoys longer copyright protection on music than we do and it seems we are paying out much more money to Europe than they pay to us because of it. At least that's how I understood the conversation.

 But, then again, I am confused in a pay phone.

 Ray Osnato
 Throwing his hat in the Presidential Race with the campaign slogan, "Everybody's Right, All The Time (except when they're not)"