[Dixielandjazz] So many musicians, so little time

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sat Jun 30 23:55:11 PDT 2007

Here is a totally wild-ass guess (my music theory class was about 5
days in 3 years of high school band and stuff I have "picked up from
the streets." since then.)

If you have a measure that is 3 triplets (9 beats) then wouldn't each
of them have to be a "9th note? So if you have 7 of them per measure
wouldn't that be 7/9?

Sort of?
(unless it was a typo I cannot think of any other possibility ;-)

Dave Richoux