[Dixielandjazz] so many drummers, so little time

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 30 21:03:15 PDT 2007

I'm reminded of the story of the NYC drummer who got a call from Baghdad.
The sheik had heard about this guy, and really wanted him for the house band
at the palace.

So, the drummer flies to Baghdad, sets up his drums and says to the leader
"wow, I've heard some Arabic music, I hope I can pick up on the time thing
really fast".

The leader says, "It's not difficult, as long as you remember to always give
a kick on 15 and 23".

steve "or something like that" hoog