[Dixielandjazz] Daniel Huck

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jun 28 19:48:19 PDT 2007

 >I have written, talked and gargled the name 'Daniel Huck' countless
times over the years........But, I have always had to leave you to
trust me.
Well, this time 'round, I am sending a couple of video clips where you
can see Daniel play.  I also include a couple of audio excerpts.
Actually, I should clarify that he wants to play jazz in the States.<

Dear Gary,
If that tremendous build up doesn't do it, nothing will.
I enjoyed all the clips too.
French bands like Hot Antic, Charquet, Anachronic,  Paris Washboard,
etc. have been among my favourites for years, but this is the first
time that I have knowingly been introduced musically to Daniel Huck.
A really fine musician/jazzman. Yes, there is a difference IMO.
That long scat vocal on "I Lost My Gal From Memphis" is amazing.
He looks like a real fun character too, and would be at home in a
Gerard Depardieu/Jean Reno comedy film.
Kind regards,
Bill.