[Dixielandjazz] Need Liner Notes? Or a list of record reviewers?

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 26 06:59:47 PDT 2007

Scott Yanow is sending the below to musicians in the self produced CD world.
I have no idea whether or not the content of his lists are worthwhile.

He does write some interesting liner notes and many are familiar with his
reviews and various books he has written.

If interested, you can contact him directly at: <scottyanowjazz at yahoo.com>

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Hello:

I write liner notes, press biographies, content for
websites and press releases in addition to CD and
concert reviews, articles and jazz books.

I am regularly asked by artists who are releasing
their self-produced CDs, "Who should I send copies of
my recordings to?" Now I have the answer.

Recently I compiled two lists of names and mailing
addresses of important writers who regularly review
jazz CDs. I am currently working on a list of the main
jazz disc jockeys and program directors.

My journalists lists, which are available individually
for a fee, include one that has 30 writers and an
expanded one containing 60 jazz journalists. I plan to
keep these updated in the future.

If the jazz writers lists interest you, or if you have
a need for a bio or liner notes, feel free to contact
me. Remember, there is no point putting out recordings
that few get to hear.

Scott Yanow
www.scottyanow.com