[Dixielandjazz] Ruby Braff - Mosaic Re-issue

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 25 18:20:34 PDT 2007

Marek Boym at marekboym at gmail.com wrote:

> I probably have it.  And the Godfather.  But I like "Callin Berlin" more.
> Cheers

Here's the tune list Marek. Tracks 1-8 originally issued in 1957 as RCA
Victor LPM 1510. Track 9 originally issued on BREAD, BUTTER AND JAM IN HI-FI
(RCA Victor LPM 1644).

Personnel:
Ruby Braff, trumpet; Benny Morton, trombone; Pee Wee Russell, clarinet; Dick
Hafer, tenor sax; Nat Pierce, piano; Steve Jordan, guitar; Walter Page,
bass; Buzzy Drootin, drums.

This Mosaic re-issue becomes available the end of this month. Can be
pre-ordered now.

Ruby Braff - Hi-Fi Salute To Bunny - DISCOGRAPHY

1. Keep Smiling At Trouble 5:29
(Jolsen-DeSylva-Gensler)
2. I Can't Get Started 6:08
(V. Duke-I. Gershwin)
3. It's Been So Long 7:21
(H. Adamson-W. Donaldson)
4. I'm Coming Virginia 6:03
(W.M. Cook-D. Heywood)
5. Marie 4:45
(Irving Berlin)
6. Downhearted Blues 6:27
(A. Hunter-L. Austin)
7. I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good 4:19
(D. Ellington-P.F. Webster)
8. Somebody Else Is Taking My Place 6:39
(Howard-Ellsworth-Morgan)
9. Did I Remember? 5:14 *
(H. Adamson-W. Donaldson)