[Dixielandjazz] Gospel Tunes

Dave Stoddard dhs2 at peoplepc.com
Sun Jun 24 09:06:24 PDT 2007

Dear Listers:

On May 19 I participated in the O. Henry Pun-Off, an Austin staple event.  This was my entry.

Regards,
Dave Stoddard

A mechanic in Florida worked out of his home and had a dog named Mace.
Mace had a bad habit of eating all the grass in the lawn, so the mechanic had
to keep Mace inside. One summer the mechanic was very busy working
on cars.  Other chores were neglected and the grass became overgrown.

One evening the mechanic was working on a car in his back yard.  He dropped
the wrench he was using, and it was lost in the tall grass. He couldn't find
it for the life of him, and eventually decided to call it a day.

That night Mace escaped from the house and ate all the grass in the back
yard. The next morning the mechanic went outside and saw the missing wrench
glinting in the sunlight.  Realizing what had happened, he picked up the
wrench, looked up at the heavens and proclaimed......

"A grazing Mace, how sweet the hound that saved a wrench for me!"