[Dixielandjazz] Eighty Six

Ivor Jones banjones at sapo.pt
Fri Jun 22 00:33:26 PDT 2007

Dear Edwin,

I presume that you mean the Pearly Kings and Queens, who sewed sequins and
buttons on their their 'Whistles' and their 'Round the houses'. I don't
think that they sewed any on their 'Dickys' or their 'Peckhams'. and it
would be silly to sew them on their 'Almonds', wouldn't it, they wouldn't be
able to get their 'De la Rues´' on and they would hurt their ' Plates' when
they went for a 'Ball'. I hope that explains things better.
The part of London they used to inhabit was in East London, and those wot
lived in East London within the sound of Bow Bells was called Cockney, like
wot I am.
That endith your socialogical lesson for today

Ivor, a Welsh Cockney