[Dixielandjazz] More about Turk recordings--need help!

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 17 19:32:20 PDT 2007

At the risk of seeming like a Turk Murphy groupie...

A friend has a CD with no liner card, no tunes listed on the disc.  It seems
like a Music Makers release, possibly from the mid-90s, called "The Best of
Turk Murphy's San Francisco Jazz Band" or something similar.  It has the
tunes I remember from "San Francisco Jazz"--including the Pat Yankee vocal
on "Tin Roof Blues" that I was seeking a while back.  It also has Bob Schulz
singing "San Francisco Jazz", the Turk/Pat duet on "It Don't Cost Very
Much", and King Chanticleer (which I don't remember from either of the "SF
Jazz" recordings.

The "San Francisco Jazz" recordings were made roughly 1985-85, I think the
2nd of the two was right before Christmas of 85 (maybe I think this because
"At The Christmas Ball" is on it??  I'm not sure if I'm confusing things or
not.)  SOme of the tracks are very familiar, some are totally unfamiliar.  I
have at least one of them on vinyl, but no player to compare and get the
titles straight.

Can anyone help me get the track names straight?  Thanks in advance.

steve