[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: RE:Trumpet Nickname

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Fri Jun 15 19:55:11 PDT 2007

Thanks, what I'm specifically trying to learn is in what ancient text was  it
written that Gabriel blew a horn--or at what later point in history did that
imagery develop?  Like, you know, did it come from Dante or  somewhere?
Dennis Owsley's book on the history of trumpet/cornet playing  in St. Louis Jazz
is titled, City of Gabriels.  But right now I'm  suspecting that Gabriel
blowing a horn may not be part of orthodox  texts of any faith.  I tried some web
searching before posing the question,  found plenty on Gabriel, just not the
original source of Gabriel's horn  blowing.
Ginny