[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: RE:Trumpet Nickname

LRG4003 at aol.com LRG4003 at aol.com
Fri Jun 15 16:13:13 PDT 2007

Far be it from a sinner like me to give you the goods on Gabriel but I'll
send the info I found.  Note the last graf.  As the patron  saint of
broadcasters he/she may not be too popular with the list rank and  file.  And no
indication if he/she can hit an F above high C or what kind  of horn he/she may play.
Perhaps not a "Conn".
Musical content, "Just a Little While to Stay Here."   K.C.  Clarinet
The Archangel Gabriel is the exalted Messenger of God, whose name means  "The
Strength of God" and whose deeds are recorded in the Jewish scriptures,
where the spirit aided the Prophet Daniel in the interpretation of his
dream-visions. Although an important Jewish angel, Gabriel has touched the lives  of
those of different religions as well.
In the Christian Bible, it is Gabriel who brings important news to  Zachary
and the Virgin Mary concerning their children-to-be, and many Christians
believe that at the Last Judgement Gabriel will blow a sacred trumpet horn.
Furthermore, according to Muslims, Gabriel dictated the Koran to Mohammed
over a period of 23 years and also accompanied the Prophet on his Night Journey.

Some people believe that Gabriel is a female spirit; others hold that  angels
have no gender.
Because of Gabriel's role as a communicator and mediator between Heaven  and
Earth, Catholics hold the Archangel to be a _Patron  Saint_
(http://www.luckymojo.com/patronsaints.html)  of broadcasters, telecommunications workers,
diplomats,  messengers, postal workers, and stamp  collectors