[Dixielandjazz] Memorial for Margaret "Darlene" Brown in San Diego area

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Thu Jun 14 17:07:47 PDT 2007

Dear list mates,

Fellow list mate PAUL REID (pianist for Cornet Chop Suey) asked me to post
this information to the list regarding the passing of Darlene Brown; she was
killed in a car crash on Memorial Day (May 28).
Some of you knew her as a board member for the San Diego jazz club.
Darlene was also Paul Reid's first sweetheart since the passing of Paul's
wife, Virginia Reid, in Sept. 2005.
If you're in the San Diego area, maybe you can attend the memorial. If not,
then perhaps you might want to send a letter of sympathy and support to:
  Paul Reid <whadayesay at webtv.net>
Paul's wife, Virginia, and then Darlene, were the best friends Paul had ever
shared his life with. You can imagine his grief. RIP Darlene.

Love and hugs,
Nancy

FORWARD FROM PAUL REID
-------