[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

Don Mopsick mophandl at landing.com
Thu Jun 14 16:06:08 PDT 2007

Ivor writes:

<<Hi Don,

We are only a small jazzband in the Algarve Portugal, but we have enough

tunes to play. Looking down last night's playlist it appears we played.

That's you baby

Midnight Mama

Strut miss Lizzie

Sensation

Barnyard Blues

Mandy, make up your mind

Taint no Sin

Misissippi Mama

Was I drunk

Limehouse blues

Masculine Women and Feminine Men

On revival day

Forty and tight

Flaming Mamie

My Canary's Got Circles Under His Eyes

Potato Head Blues

New Orleans (Hoagy)

Buddy's Habit

Creole Song

Hiawatha

Nagasaki

Does that mean we are doing something right>>

I suppose one could play “My Canary’s Got” with enough heat to get if off
the ground, and judging from the rest of your playlist you probably know all
about that. Just curious: how well do the Portugés understand the joke of
the song in Portuguese?

1. If your band and ours played after each other on a festival bill, we’d
have to pay close attention to your set to avoid duplication.

2. Your guys would have no trouble sitting in with us at the Landing should
you ever find yourself in Texas.

mopo