[Dixielandjazz] Trumpet nickname

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 14 10:55:17 PDT 2007

O.K. I'll play.  A trumpet is a Fearsome Thing--as in the angel  Gabriel
blowing his horn.  Today we tend to think of angels as cherubic or  supernatural
do-gooders.  But there are lots of Christian Old Testament  references to them
scaring folks to death.  In the really "good" old days  angels often brought
death.

By the way, there are plenty of associations in music, lyrics, etc. to
Gabriel blowing his horn--but does anyone know the source of this  image/concept?
I have not so far found one.
Ginny

In a message dated 6/14/2007 12:27:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time,