[Dixielandjazz] Teagarden in Boston

Laurence Swain l.swain at comcast.net
Wed Jun 13 12:32:30 PDT 2007

> What was the street number of the Savoy Café on Mass Ave.?
>
> Ron L

Ron:

What was the street number of the elementary school I attended?

I have as much chance of a.) knowing that, or b.) even caring to know, as I knew WHERE
the school was, and didn't need the address. I don't believe I ever knew it, as I didn't need it.

Same is true of the Savoy.  I knew it was on the Eastern side of Mass Ave, a few doors north
of Columbus Ave, and never knew the address.  Last time I drove by its location, there were
no signs of it -- it was then a modest storefront that blends in with the others in that area.
Haven't been by it again in years.

Mirabalu dictu!  Just did a google search, and at least three entries on the first page of results

	http://tinyurl.com/2kbcy4

give the address as 410 Massachusetts Ave!

Other hits include reminiscences of the good times there, way back when.

Enjoyed working with you in the past, Ron, and hope to do it again.

Larry Swain
Backup piano player of last resort, Boston area