[Dixielandjazz] Clarinet Tuning

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Wed Jun 13 08:54:45 PDT 2007

Of all the adjustable barrels the Click is the best mechanically.  There is
one that screws in and out but I didn't like the wiggle it had.  The cheaper
click barrel doesn't lock and after awhile will get loose and has to be
readjusted every time you play and can slip in and out making you into a
very high pitched trombone.  Another thing the plastic ring on the bottom
can come off and the barrel can crack.  Mine did.  It's very thin plastic on
the lower end.  The more expensive one with the metal locking rings is worth
the extra price.

One thing though, the little adjusting knurled roller is kind of hard to use
but manageable.

I think they are pretty good and don't seem to do anything to the sound so
the bore must match my clarinet fairly close anyway.
Larry
St. Louis