[Dixielandjazz] Alternative Newspapers and Jazz

Ivor Jones banjones at sapo.pt
Wed Jun 13 07:27:13 PDT 2007

Well said Steve and David,

When I lived in London the best two papers were 'alternative' and gave most
information about cultural events, the arts music, theatre. Here in
Portugal, if it wasn't for the 'alternatives' of which there are 6 or 7,
maybe even more, we would have trouble disseminating our message and
information about gigs, concerts etc. They print our press releases, and
band photographs. Some are slightly political, that is to say, that they
hold opinions on certain subjects. Is this a bad thing ?  Sorry Ben I
haven't researched the pimple count, I will have to be more diligent in
future. Come to think of it maybe I am getting one on my butt, what do you
recommend.

Ivor