[Dixielandjazz] Microphones

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Jun 11 08:33:53 PDT 2007

The excellent Jump Blues "Stompy Jones" (AKA "Swing Session") took
their own microphones to Sacramento this year - I could really hear
the difference between their sound and the other bands using the same
stage. Between gigs they keep them in special padded wooden boxes,
not just tossed into a tote bag ;-)

http://www.stompyjones.com/news.html has a picture of one of their
mics -maybe a Shure 55?

While searching around, I found this amazing collection of harmonica
microphones!
  http://www.harmonicamasterclass.com/vintage_collection.htm

and this: http://www.bluesmics.com/

Dave Richoux