[Dixielandjazz] HIgh SOciety, was Copyright

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 9 11:46:04 PDT 2007

By calling it "march", or one step, or polka, that would have been one way
to get around copyright at the time.  It shouldn't have worked, but I'd bet
it did.

We have an arrangement (Turpintyme Ragsters   www.turpintyme.com) based on
the 1901 band arrangement, using piccolo.  Then, we break into a quasi-dixie
feel and clarinet playes a solo based on a Dodds 1923 recording.  There's
little similarity between any of the many clarinet solos I've heard and the
original piccolo part, aside from the first bar!

steve