[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Dave Remington

John Blegen jcblegen at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 9 06:20:01 PDT 2007

I'm very sorry to hear of Dave Remington's passing.  I had the pleasure of playing with him only once, but it was memorable.  It was one of the strangest gigs I've ever had.  We gathered at 7:00 a.m. at a hotel in the loop to play for a  Disney corporation sales meeting.  We were supposed to follow a young woman [sic] dressed as Mickey Mouse into the meeting room playing the Mickey Mouse March.  The band included several notable Chicago guys: Ted Butterman on B natural cornet, Brian Naylor on banjo, and, I think, Wayne Jones with a snare drum.  Before we marched in, we waited for a while in a dressing room, and I heard Remington say, "THIS is why I went to the conservatory."

John Blegen
jcblegen.com