[Dixielandjazz] High Society

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jun 9 03:03:58 PDT 2007

>  I don't have the Prince's Band recording but do have one from 1910 by
> the Regimental Band of the Republic that the notes say possibly
> includes members from the  Prince's Band. There is a piccolo but he
> does not play the Solo as written in the original score.

Thanks for that Dan,
I have not heard of the Regimental Band of the Republic, so googled it.
No "High Society", but did find, on the LoC "Music, Theater & Dance'
site, a 1905 recording (mp3) of the real "Panama Rag", the subject of a
DJML thread earlier this year!
You didn't say, but I assume that your record of the  Regimental Band
of the Republic's version of "High Society" WAS 'our' tune.
Kind regards,
Bill.