[Dixielandjazz] Hobby Musicians

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri Jun 8 20:41:48 PDT 2007

I have to agree with STEVE ON THIS ONE LARRY:

We all have to carefully try and assess the situation individually with every potential gig and know the difference between a free be and a good paid gig.  The problem is so many hobby bands simply do not know or understand anything about the real world of pay for live music and venues and events.   They are simply happy to get on a stage and play for anybody for anything or not !

Heck I know Churches in this country that have $375,000.00 a year budgets for live music fees.   And many more with $50,000 to $150,000.00 but you can bet your butt they will take  a good act for free if it is stupidly offered.   The Good Lord said Ask and ye Shall receive !

Hello if any band does not have enough common sense to ask for reasonable fees then they will certainly not get them and certainly shall not enter the Kingdom of paydom for sure. :))

Cheers,

Tom