[Dixielandjazz] Blatant commercial updated

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri Jun 8 00:00:25 PDT 2007

Sorry folks:  it's late and I forgot to include the date for the Antioch show.

Not that most on this wonderful list would be remotely interested :))  But

Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band will demonstrate how to reach a younger audience next weekend.   We will be playing for Kids to raise  funds to play for even younger kids.

The kids we will be playing for are get this Hello wake up and smell the roses folks  64 and under Senior citizens.  coming out to hear us play with Legendary performers and members of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame !!!!!    Hello do we have a Dixieland Hall of Fame yet ?

The Original Family Stone has teamed up with Saint Gabriel's to play two events to raise money for our Jazz for Kids programs for schools.  If you never heard of Sly & The Family Stone and their long list of Million selling records, or the movie Shrek that your grandkids all love ask the grandkids about the music, it was all from the hits of Sly & The Family Stone.

Dance to the Music, Thank you ForLettinMeBeMiceselfAgin, I wanna take you higher, Hot fun in the Summertime, Sing a Simple Song, Everyday people, and many more.

June 15th  we will bring back DANCING to the Historic Sweet's Ballroom at 1933 Broadway in Downtown Oakland,   tickets available at :   http://www.ticketweb.com   or
http://www.highsierratickets.com   $35.00   & $25.00

We will also be performing at the Contra Costa County Fairgrounds in Antioch, June 17th, 2007 with The Original Family Stone and Lydia Pense & Cold Blood and two more soul bands and a Rock A Billy band called the Pendletons, and a Janis Joplin style singer  Gail Sutherland and her band Sweet talk.

Noon til 7:00 p.m.   It's a Family affair and kids under 12 are ADMITTED FREE with a paid parent.   It's Father's Day so come on out and bring  the whole family.  $25.00 admission.

Yes your mamma can Dance and your Daddy can Rock & Roll.

Hard to believe but members of The Original Family Stone and Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band are really Senior citizens, ( card carrying ones )

So you see playing for kids is not always just high school and college Kids,  they now come in all age groups, and we find them embracing OKOM at all levels.

Why do we do these events?  to raise money to hire more musicians to play for school kids and educate them about OKOM.

Don't like our music or Family Stone's no problem send a donation to Jazz For Kids anyway and stay home and listen to your old cds if that's what turns you on, but that should not be a reason not to support our efforts to take YOUR music to kids.

All donations are appreciated and , tax deductible and can be sent to:
Ambassadors of American Culture
Jazz for Kids program
1234 Laurel Lane
Lafayette, Ca.94549 USA