[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Passed Up?

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Jun 7 16:40:31 PDT 2007

Steve Barbone wrote regarding the letter in the American Rag:

> To see letters like the one that "fan" wrote really piss me off. Like the
> world of trad jazz should revolve around him, and not the rest of the
> audience out there. Shoot, I thought the "me generation" was the new kids
> on
> the block, not us old farts.
(snip)

Steve and Listmates:

If you could have seen the crowds in Old Sac this year.  And with featuring
the Rebirth Jazz Band, the amount of black people there, enjoying the music
and fanning out to enjoy the other types of music.  Everyone was having a
great time.  The weather was perfect!  No long shuttle bus rides out to the
north area.  All kinds of Jazz.

All in all, it was a great festival.

--Bob Ringwald