[Dixielandjazz] John Farrell

Kim Farrell kim.farrell at sky.com
Mon Jun 4 15:04:20 PDT 2007

Hello everyone

I am John Farrell's eldest son and I'm writing a fitting eulogy to
present at his funeral next Friday, 15th June. I want this to be a real
tribute for a remarkable man and also want to make sure that this
celebrates his life and its achievements.

Having grown up with Dad and his music I'm aware of how he started, the
way he built his interest and how he developed his networks so a lot of
your names are familiar to me through the whisky fueled discussions
(yes, I'm a whisky fiend as well!) that often carried on into the early
hours. Without your help I don't think that I can truly represent what
my father truly achieved and I'd like to include your thought and
tributes so that I can truly convey all of our thoughts.

I'm sure that he is up there looking down saying, ".. come on guys, it's
so easy." so please, help me make my Dad proud when he hears me speak
next week.

Many thanks

Kim Farrell