[Dixielandjazz] Play for pay!

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Tue Jun 5 13:34:35 PDT 2007

   I personally look at it from the viewpoint that soundmen get
paid. People who run the club will get paid. The printers who
print the flyers will get paid; so will the waitresses and
waiters serving drinks. Musicians also deserve to get paid for
their services; we also have expenses. For one, there's the
expenditure of time itself.

   Secondly, as Steve brought out earlier is that there's gas
involved in getting to and from our gigs. I really fail to see
how expect payment for our services(like a soundman or any other
professional) cheapens the craft. I suppose it's all about
individual perspective.

Mike