[Dixielandjazz] Music Genres.

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 3 06:42:38 PDT 2007

Wow, 864 music genres now at CD Baby. Gee, and we just worry about a few
OKOM genres. :-) VBG,

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

>From Derek Silver of CD Baby:

"I made a medium-big change to CD Baby today that could help call
attention to your music, if you use it wisely.

The CD Baby website used to have 249 genres.  Now it has 864.

This move will make it easier for fans of subgenres such as
Progressive Bluegrass, Cuban Son, L.A. Punk, Gregorian Chant, Hyphy,
or Merseybeat to find their favorite kind of music on cdbaby.com.

The 864 genres came from a ton of research at Wikipedia, AllMusic,
Amazon, and many specialty sites - then a ton of work recategorizing
existing albums, so the new genres wouldn't be empty.

But you know your music better than I do, so this is a good time for
you to make sure your music is still categorized where you like."