[Dixielandjazz] Klezmer Kruise on S.F. Bay

James O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Sat Jun 2 09:24:08 PDT 2007

Steve Barbone asked:

> Does anyone do Dixieland Cruises on S.F. Bay anymore? Note also that
> the female klezmer clarinetist in this article likens it to Dixieland.
> Hey, if anyone needs a clarinetist in the Bay area, Ms Speed might be
> a natural.

They don't do Klezmer cruises very often -- it appears from the article that
it's a once-a-year thing.

And there are occasional cruises with trad jazz.  In May I got a call to
"sub" on tuba with the Natural Gas Jazz Band for an all-day cruise on the
WWII Liberty Ship "Jeremiah O'Brien," which goes out on jaunts like this
once or twice a year.  (Unfortunately the call came on short notice and I
already had another gig, so I had to turn it down.)

Jim O'Briant
Tuba
Gilroy, CA