[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Societies

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Fri Jun 1 21:17:26 PDT 2007

With all due respect,this is a discussion list Dave. People are
going to and will state opinions that you may or may not agree
with. That is when the delete button comes in handy.

When I personally spoke about jazz clubs not paying musicians it
was in response to what another lister had said(can't remember
who right now) as well as what some jazz clubs in my own area
haven't done.

I am pleased to hear of what the Austin Jazz Society has managed
to accomplish. However that is not what I have consistently seen
in my particular area; every jazz club is different.

Mike