[Dixielandjazz] "America the Beautiful" - Eddie Higgins on YouTube

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri Jun 1 18:25:23 PDT 2007

Nancy Giffin wrote:

 > For all you list mates who think this tune should be the U.S.A.'s
national
> anthem, check out Eddie's intro to his version of "America the Beautiful."
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfPw1Y-xKpA
> God bless Eddie Higgins for making music beautiful.
(snip)

 Correction, it was not the introduction, it was the song played through
twice, and I might say magnificently.

I was present at the Migrant Jazz Worker's recording session when Eddie
recorded this song.  I heard him do it several times, differently every time
and beautifully every time.

--Bob Ringwald