[Dixielandjazz] Trombone Rag

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri Jun 1 17:19:56 PDT 2007

Bob Romans wrote:

> Trombone Rag is actually a very simple trombone piece. In 3 of my
> youth bands, the trombone players memorized it and stood in front of
> the band performing it...
(snip)

Regarding how difficult Trombone Rag might be.  Think about this.  In 1939
or so when Turk composed it, perhaps it was more difficult for the players
of the time?

In 1939 for instance, trombone players were not playing with the technique
and ability that John Allred has in 2007.

Athletes continue to get bigger and stronger and continue to break records.
Perhaps it is the same with musicians?

I am not a trombone player so don't know for sure.

When I was beginning to play an instrument, I was given an IQ test.  I
scored over 90 so they said I would have to play some other instrument..

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
916/806-9551
www.ringwald.com
--
Leader, The Fulton Street Jazz Band
www.fultonstreetjazz.com

"The bottom line of any country is, what did we contribute to the world?
We contributed Louis Armstrong." Tony Bennett  --