[Dixielandjazz] La Fete De La Musique

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jun 1 00:51:45 PDT 2007

On Friday, June 1, 2007, at 01:32  PM, Steve Barbone wrote:
> Gee, here is a great event by a leading catering house in Washington
> DC,
> charging a $15 cover to get in. BUT THEY WANT THE BANDS TO PLAY FOR
> FREE.
> Gee, where do I sign up? :-) VBG

Dear Steve,
Thank goodness that this trend in jazz haven't hit Australia.
Yet.
Unfortunately, with our recent so-called Trade Agreement with the US, I
suspect that it will not be too far away.
Well, so far as I am concerned, our professional working band will
never be involved.
Although, it may mean that retirement may not be too far away!
New trends?  Grrrrrrrrrr.
Your greedy promoters (and jazz clubs?) short-term gain - and a
irrevocable loss for all music generally.
Regards,
Bill.