[Dixielandjazz] "Under the bamboo tree", w/ Bunk Johnson?

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Tue Jul 31 17:04:07 PDT 2007

> sheik, I've been lurking on the DLML and saw your item on "Bamboo Tree" I
> have it on a St Louis Ragtimers CD
> "Full Steam Ahead..."  Stomp Off CD1267.
> I have a group lined up to play the tune at the next Australian Jazz
> Convention in december. The group has two plectrums and two tenor banjos,
> with the normal other instruments,,,but no drums....johnpp

Hi John. What do you mean by "normal other instruments"? You mean you have
the regular dixieland horns, piano, bass, in addition to *4* banjos?? With
4 banjos, whaddaya need horns for--they'll only get in your way...

I downloaded "Under the bamboo tree" from the Levy website.

I forget which site I used, but I also got "Do you ever think of me?"--a
nice 1920 (ie pd) belly rubber.

Cheers!
--Sheik