[Dixielandjazz] Clarinet mics

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Mon Jul 30 13:02:56 PDT 2007

You are absolutely right about moving in and out on the mike.  I do that too
but you would be surprised at how many players just won't do that and some
are really mike shy.

The way I like use a mike for my sax is with the mike in the bell for solos
and as I move away it gets less and less to where it's nothing if I'm not
near it.  You see singers doing the same thing all the time.
Larry
St. Louis