[Dixielandjazz] Eliminating frequencies

Paul Edgerton paul.edgerton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 12:56:02 PDT 2007

> Indistinguishable from PFM

Heinlein said any sufficiently advanced technology is just that...

Wouldn't it be great if things were as simple as this? Of course they
are not, as you will find if you actually try to do this. The software
is getting better, but we remain at the mercy of the source recoding.
Bottom line, we're still not sufficiently advanced. We can do a great
deal in the world of forensic audio to recover usable sound from an
accidentally or deliberately spoiled recording, but we still cannot
yet isolate an individual instrument from an ensemble. That is still
the stuff of early Star Trek episodes. (although rumor has it that a
liberal application of Cannabis Sativa can get close.)

-- Paul