[Dixielandjazz] Glenn Miller

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Sat Jul 28 12:44:22 PDT 2007

 Hucko was complimentary toward
> Miller for care and concern of his men.

BTW - it is expected of all officers and NCO's that they take care of the
men under them. It can be a court martial offence if you don't do it or
worse if it causes injury to a subordinate.

An example might be failure to provide for the welfare of the troops such as
lodging, food or medical services when they are readily available.  An
example could be a Officer or NCO not allowing a man to go on sick call and
then he drops dead.  That Officer or NCO would be in deep stuff.

One Senior NCO in my unit was drummed out because he pulled a chair out from
under one of his men in a bar and then laughed at him.  Not exactly the same
thing but his action was termed a deliberate failure to provide a safe
environment causing harm to a subordinate.  He was allowed to retire or face
court martial.  The idiot actually wanted to do the court martial but one of
the other NCO's that he respected talked him into retiring at the very last
minute.  Had I been the CO I would have insisted on the CM.  This guy had
been in almost 30 years and would have lost everything.  I suppose the CO
took that into account.
Larry
St. Louis