[Dixielandjazz] Song Search-- This is my country

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Sat Jul 21 06:11:15 PDT 2007

Listmates-I'm looking for the music for the verse to "This is My Country"
composed 1940, music Don Raye, Lyrics by Al Jacobs.

Most of us know tune and I have the music  for the chorus.

Until recently I didn't know there was a verse which goes:

What difference if I hail from North or South

Or from the  East or West

My heart is full of love for all of these,

I only know I swell with pride and deep within my breast,

I thrill to see old glory paint the breeze!

If you can assist, it would be much appreciated.

. Norman Vickers

nvickers1 at cox.net ( that's ONE not L)

www.jazzpensacola.com