[Dixielandjazz] An interesting thing I've noticed re Bill's passing.

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 19 18:30:00 PDT 2007

I've followed the passing our jazz friends for nearly the life of the list,
and I think it's fair to say that in less than one day's time Bill Gunter's
passing has received more posts than any other of our dearly departed ones.
Using email as a measuring stick, I'd say that outside of Mr Lovric himself,
we've certainly lost one of our most signficant DJMLers.  I'm actually just
musing; I'm not at all discounting the response to Mr Beebe's, Mr Powers',
Mr Going's, etc, passings.  It has simply struck me at how fast and furious
the condolences began coming in.  Truly, he was, and is, a great man.

I wonder how well "Roll the Patrol" will go over Up There?,
----
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org

"Simplicity, when it is not a careless gift of the Muse, is the last and
most painful achievement of conscientious self-denial." - James Russell
Lowell.