[Dixielandjazz] Bill Gunter RIP

Williams, Bob robert.c.williams at eds.com
Thu Jul 19 15:50:43 PDT 2007

I've very sad to hear of Bill's passing. I got to know him fairly well
over the last several years. He was articulate, bright, in
inspirationally good shape, and a really cheerful guy.

I don't think I ever heard him say a negative word about anyone, though
perhaps I wasn't listening closely.  He approached life with enthusiasm
and gusto and was an inspiration to me.

His defense of the washboard, while misplaced, was at least sincere.

I will miss him.

Bob Williams
Trombonist and Whatnot