[Dixielandjazz] Vale Bill Gunter

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 19 14:33:57 PDT 2007

Dear friends,
What a shock to wake up to the unexpected and sad news regarding the
loss of our dear listmate Bill Gunter.
I too had missed his posts of late, but assumed that, in his
ever-active way, he had been too busy.
Typically, he had not burdened us with his health worries.
Bill (with wife Bev) was one of the few 'overseas' DJMLers to have made
the trip to Oz.
Several years ago it was our pleasure to have him sit-in with our
little Sunday arvo pub band.
Our personal friendship was such that we corresponded off-list
frequently.
I will miss his humorous approach to the list's occasional 'problems'
and applaud his intense love for, contribution to, OKOM.
He always "put is money where his mouth was".
Sadly,
Kind regards,
Bill.