[Dixielandjazz] More on Jasmine's Turk.

George Thurmond gthurmond at stx.rr.com
Wed Jul 18 08:57:59 PDT 2007

Listmate and Vicar-general Mike wrote:

""Those who received it already know that the advertising was all
screwed up,
actually using the title for vol 1 ("Turk's Delight") with no real
indication it was vol 2 except for the track listings.  Vol 2 is
actually
called "New Orleans Stomp", and completes the long-desired formal
reissue of
the 6 Columbia LPs, plus some extras,
----
Etc,

"Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org
most painful achievement of conscientious self-denial." - James Russell
Lowell."

	I ordered and recently received from World Records these two CDs
to replace the old LPs that I have worn out over the past decades and
it's so great to hear the fresh sounds of Turk's bands.  Don Klinch and
Everett Farey on trumpet, Wally Rose, and Bob Short's tuba, never
sounded better than on the four discs in these two sets.  And Bob Helm -
he shines in high and low registers!  Jim Thompson, if you don't have
these recordings of your man Helm the by all means get them!

George Thurmond