[Dixielandjazz] Ron Going, RIP

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Tue Jul 17 11:46:28 PDT 2007

Am greatly saddened to hear of Ron's passing.  I remember him well from
numerous jam sessions going back to the early 60s.  Ron had a great love of
George Lewis and the very traditional elements of okom.   I recall his
clarinet having some of the holes plugged up and rubber bands acting as
springs.  He explained to me at the time that he'd seen George Lewis'
clarinet and that's the way George played it.  And that's the way Ron played
it too, at least back nearly 50 years ago.

My deepest condolences to Jan and family.

Dick Broadie