[Dixielandjazz] Wow.

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 16 23:16:11 PDT 2007

True my good father, but the fact that it can recover info from broken pieces and accept skips , the mechanics of cleaning the record, or a duplication may not produce sound equivalent of the original, but then again the fact that certain recordings that have been abused, broken and treated not too gently are potential to be recovered if only for content, rather than becoming just trash.

  I had several early 78's that were cracked and it was impossible to listen to them only if you weighted the tone arm to avoid the jumping the tracks.  Of course it didn't work all the time and the record was disposed.Secondly the wear from the extra weight wasn't good for the groove..

  All in all a certain amount of progress in recovering  information, data, music from supposedly  lost sources is a good sign.

  And to that , I will toast the makers of "IRENE".

  Slainte

  Ed

"Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon" <mjl at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

Yeah, it's a Wow, but now that I've listened to the show, I'm only
moderately impressed. Sure, it plays what it "photocopies", but will what
it produces survive the necessary cleaning process to make it sound as good
as if it were played with a needle Davies-style?