[Dixielandjazz] Sydney Zenith JB

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jul 14 14:49:59 PDT 2007

Robert S. Ringwald wrote:
> I do not want to start any unfounded rumors.  But did I not hear that
> Tom Wood from the Sydney Zenith JB passed away?
> If so, is the band still working?
> If so, who is now doing their booking?

Dear Bob,
Not an unfounded rumour.
My friend Tom Wood died from a massive heart attack last year.
I published the details on the DJML at the time, including the fact
that our prime Minister and his wife attended the funeral in a private
capacity.
I can send them off-list if you wish.
I believe that Tom's wife Merle and/or the band's trombonist, John
Edser, now handle the Sydney-Zenith Jazz Band bookings.
I will check for you.
Kind regards,
Bill.