[Dixielandjazz] Clarinet Newbie

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Tue Jul 10 13:13:57 PDT 2007

Bob,

Another thought.....

Jim Rothermel comes to mind as a clarinet  teacher you might like to contact.  His number is 415-454-1943.

Another thought is that a Soprano Sax [ also a Bb instrument ] is much easier to play than a clarinet and could be learned from a book
without too much damage to the ego.  There are a few alternate fingerings but the regular fingerings work pretty well under most
circumstances.  The soprano fingerings are very much the same as a flute.  Only a few differences.

Russ Guarino